Friday 27 April 2012

Final cuts

This is the final version of my magazine front cover. Overall I am very happy with how it looks compared to my first draft. I have filled in alot of the gaps and white space with either bigger text or more main stories or as you can see I added some black lines going horrizontally accross the page to fill the space where there wasn't enough room for a cover story. I have also decided to make the main artists name the biggest text on the cover so it stands out from the rest, because on my first draft I had put it on the bottom of the page in a small bland font which  didn't stand out like it should have done. I also made the image bigger because when I was looking recent Q magazines they had made their image take up practically the whole page, so i then went with doing this and made it as big as I could without it looking stupid or pixalated because you wouldn't see a pixalated image on the cover of a professional image. When I looked back on my peers feedback i realised that they said they didnt like how i had covered up the stories with the artists head so I decided to move the image over to the right hand side of the page and then put the stories just overlapping his hair. I decided to cover the name of the magazine up because when i was analysing front covers I seen that they covered the magazine name because it is already a known name so you can afford for it not to be shown but for people to know whats insde they have to be able to see what the main stories are and I wasnt showing this so not many people would have bought it.

This is my final cut for my contents page. Overall I am reasonably pleased with how it looks, I like how everything seems to have its own place. When analysing other existing magazines i liked the blocky style so tried to replicate it but also i like the look of having large images on it so i mixed the to together as i think it looks boring to open a magzine and just to see piles upon piles of writing, it would un-interest me and I wouldnt want to read on. The main image if of the main artist as I wanted to keep the theme running through the whole thing, so people will know that the magazine is mainly all about this artist. Again with keeping the same sort of stle running all the way through I have went with the colour scheme red, black and brown. I have used red for the most important things so it stands out then brown and black I just thought were nice colours to go with. The main image of this artist also goes with the personality which he is portrayed like. Cock, arrogant or confident, the arms out pose brings accross this attitude as if no-body in the world can challenge him because he is the greatest person around.

This is my final cut double page spread. I have two opinions on what i think of it, half of me does like it but half of me doesnt like it. My rough cut for double page spread I was in the same frame of mind. The photo i really like because again I think it shows the type of person he is, a full grown man throwing stones in the sea like he doesnt care about anything, so I think that photo sums up the title of the page. The artists name i made bigger so it catches the readers eye and it brightens the oage up even though it is in black. I also put a quote from the artist in the middle of the text to catch the readers eye and to break up the large amount of reader which will be done. I put a quote next to the artist in the photo just to fill up the space and make the page look more interesting to look at, rather than just lots of blue sky everywhere. I you are able to reaf the article i really like how I have done that because it really does bring out thye artists true colours about how arrogant he is and everything else the title says. Again I have stuck to the three colour scheme as it makes the whole magazine more professional and make everything seem like it is from the one magazine and not justb random paes which look like they have been pulled out of other magazines at random and shoved in this one.

Overall I much prefer this final cut to my rough cuts earlier on in the project as the whole thing looks more professional and it is interesting and attractive to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment